Monday, October 12, 2009

Couscous with Raisins, Pine Nuts, and Capers

Full of yummy things, I haven't tried it yet but I don't know how it could go wrong... Edited to add, I made it and it could use some punching up - feta was great in it, my friend liked hers with soy sauce, and Josh seemed happy with it as is. Maybe even add extra capers, if you like that sort of thing.

Serves 4

1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup couscous
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

In a medium saucepan, bring water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, raisins, and salt to a boil. Add couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in a pan and sauté onion until golden brown.

Fluff couscous with a fork and mix in onions, pine nuts, and capers. Season to taste with salt and pepper.


From TheKitchn

No comments:

Post a Comment